Dear colleagues and friends! We would like to invite you to participate in the XI-th International scientific and theoretical conference «Communicative strategies of the information society» held on October 25-26, 2019.
The development of methods for system analysis of information and communication technologies and communication strategies in social management is important for predicting the prospects for human and society in the context of virtual expansion of information and intellectual environments in the digital world.
We kindly welcome researchers in the humanities, social and technical sciences to participate in the Conference.
Head of the Committee
- VITALII V. SERGEEV – Doctor of Technical Sciences, Corresponding Member of the Russian Academy of Sciences, Vice-Rector for Research, Peter the Great St. Petersburg Polytechnic University, St. Petersburg, Russia
Deputy Chairman of the Organizing Committee
- OLGA D. SHIPUNOVA – Doctor of Philosophy, Professor of the Higher School of Social Sciences, Peter the Great St. Petersburg Polytechnic University, St. Petersburg, Russia (Responsible for the event and the publication of conference materials)
Organizing committee members
- KULIK S.V – Doctor of Historical Sciences, Professor, Director of the Higher School of Social Sciences, Peter the Great St. Petersburg Polytechnic University, St. Petersburg, Russia
- ASHEULOVA N.A. – PhD in Sociology, Director, Institute for the History of Science and Technology, St. Petersburg branch, Russian Academy of Sciences, St. Petersburg, Russia
- KLYAGIN S.V. – Doctor of Philosophy, Professor, Head of the Department of Theory and Practice of Public Relations, Russian State Humanitarian University, Moscow, Russia
- KUZNETSOV D.I. – Doctor of Philosophy, Professor of the Higher School of Social Sciences, Peter the Great St. Petersburg Polytechnic University, St. Petersburg, Russia
- MALYKHINA G.F. – Doctor of Technical Sciences, Professor of the Higher School of Cyberphysical Systems and Management, Peter the Great St. Petersburg Polytechnic University, St. Petersburg, Russia
- BEREZOVSKAYA I.P. – Candidate of Philosophy, Associate Professor of the Higher School of Social Sciences, Peter the Great St. Petersburg Polytechnic University, St. Petersburg, Russia
- BYLIEVA D.S. – Candidate of Polytical Sciences, Associate Professor of the Higher School of Social Sciences, Peter the Great St. Petersburg Polytechnic University, St. Petersburg, Russia
- LOGINOVA A.V. – Candidate of Economic Sciences, Associate Professor of the Higher School of Cyberphysical Systems and Management, Peter the Great St. Petersburg Polytechnic University, St. Petersburg, Russia
- SHIROKOVA S.V. – Candidate of Technical Sciences, Associate Professor, Deputy Director for Research Work of IPMET students, Peter the Great St. Petersburg Polytechnic University, St. Petersburg, Russia.
- KOLOMEYZEV I.V. – Assistant of the Higher School of Social Sciences, Peter the Great St. Petersburg Polytechnic University, St. Petersburg, Russia
Program committee members
- ALFRED NORDMANN – Professor of Philosophy and History of Science and Technoscience, Darmstadt Technical University (Germany)
- LAURENT MOCCOZET – Researcher at the Computer Science Centre, University of Geneva, Switzerland
- STEPHEN COTTRELL – University of London (Great Britain)
- VALERIY V. VYATKIN – Luleå tekniska Universite (Sweden)
- HANS-ROLF TRÄNKLER – Bundeswehr University Munich (Germany)
- TATIANA A. GAVRILOVA – St. Petersburg State University (Russia)
- YU. S. VASIL’EV – Peter the Great St. Petersburg Polytechnic University (Russia)
- PAUL JOSEPHSON – Colby College (USA)
- NATALIYA D. PANKRATOVA – National Technical University of Ukraine (Ukraine)
- VIOLETTA N. VOLKOVA – Peter the Great St. Petersburg Polytechnic University (Russia)
- ELENA A. IAKOVLEVA – St. Petersburg State University of Economics (Russia)
- PEETER MÜÜRSEPP – Tallinn University of Technology (Estonia)
- IGOR DUKEOV – LUT University (Finland)
- GALINA V. GORELOVA – Southern Federal University (Russia)
- IRINA A. BRUSAKOVA – Saint Petersburg State Electrotechnical University (Russia)
- JOHAN SIEBERS – Middlesex University London (UK)
- IGOR KLYUKANOV – Eastern Washington University (USA)
- ELENA FELL – Empedocles: European Journal for Philosophy of Communication (UK)
- BENCION FLEISHMAN – Dr. of Technical Sc., Prof. (New York, NY, USA)
- ALIA R. MASSALIMOVA – Al-Farabi Kazakh National University (Kazakhstan)
- NADEZHDA ALMAZOVA – Peter the Great St.Petersburg Polytechnic University (Russia)
- VLADIMIR I. IGNATYEV – Novosibirsk State Technical University (Russia)
- NATALIA A. LUKIANOVA – Tomsk Polytechnic University (Russia)
- OLGA D. SHIPUNOVA – Peter the Great St.Petersburg Polytechnic University (Russia)
- AKTOLKYN T. KULSARIYEVA – Abai Kazakh National Pedagogical University (Kazakhstan)
- VAN QI – Tsinghua University (China)
- OLGA A. ZOLOTAREVA – Polesye State University (Belarus)
- NAIM KATZ – Carnegie Mellon University (USA)
- GIULIANO DI BERNARDO – Trento University (Italy)
- HERMES VARINI – Trento University (Italy)
- STEFANO MARIA CAPILUPI – University of La Sapienza (Italy)
- IGOR B. AREFIEV – Maritime University of Szczecin (Poland)
- LEON BAZIL – Montclair State University (NJ, USA)
- ZANNA BOBER – MTU «EVRIKA» (Estonia)
Planned sections of the Conference:
Information Society: philosophy, technology, politics
Systems analysis of information and communication technologies
Communicative strategies in state administration and public self-government
Intellectual environments and digital subculture of the modern information society
Interactions in sociotechnical environments: Human resources, Web resources and PR-technologies
Problems of intercultural communication
Personality in the information and network society
Behavior and consciousness manipulation technologies
Traditions and new formats of education
The Conference organization and participation conditions
To participate in the Conference, it’s necessary to:
Submit your materials to the proper Conference e-mail: email@example.com
Submit your materials to the proper Conference e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Contact address for article submission and registration fee for publication in the European Proceedings of Social and Behavioral Sciences
The reviewing procedure:
- type of review: double blind
- number of reviewers per paper: 2
- time allotted reviewers for each paper reviewed: 1-2 weeks
- minor and major revisions are accepted; revised articles are reviewed by the initial reviewers; time allotted for authors to submit revisions : 5 days
- reviewers are the members of Program Committee
Pay the registration fee (only after receiving the article acceptance confirmation).
If publishing is not intended, it’s possible to join the Conference with an oral report or as an auditor. Presented abstract should contain information about the study and describe its objectives, results and conclusions.
Deadlines for materials submission
|Registration:||up to October 20, 2019|
|Materials submission for the publication:||up to October 20, 2019|
|Additional materials for the Conference proceedings (Web of Science):||up to October 30, 2019|
|Payment of the registration fee:||one week after receiving a confirmation
letter on the article accept for publicationк
All bank commissions are to be paid by the Conference participants.
Payment is to be made by transfer to the bank account of SPbPU.
- Аccount number -
- Payment Purpose – sender’s name, conference participation, topic
If it is not possible to make payment via the Conference official website, payment can be made using the conference bank account details.Banking details
By paying the fee, you agree that if low originality of the article text is revealed at any prepress stage, publication of the article may be cancelled without returning of previously deposited funds.
Requirements for the article in the Conference proceedings (RSCI)
Theses of the article of 2 full pages (including brief abstracts in Russian / English and notes), a report of up to 10 pages are submitted to the Organizing Committee in electronic format in MS WORD 6.0, 7.0, 97. English version of the author's name, title of the article, place of work, abstracts and keywords are mandatory required. Please do not include text (in the form of notes and working words) into the list of references. Requirements for the article design for RSCI:
- page margin: top - 2 cm, bottom - 2.5 cm, left - 2.5 cm, right - 2.5 cm;
- font: Times New Roman Cyr, style: Normal; font size: 14;
- new paragraph - 1 cm; line spacing - 1.
Drawings, graphics, schemes should be presented in TIFF format 300 dpi; 600 dpi. Formulas should be made in the formula editor of Microsoft equation 2.0 (2.1). Drawings, graphics, schemes should be presented in TIFF format 300 dpi; 600 dpi. Formulas should be made in the formula editor of Microsoft equation 2.0 (2.1). References to sources should be indicated in square brackets  in order of appearance in the text. The list of sources should be presented at the end of the text. E-mail: email@example.com
Requirements for the article design for the Conference proceedings (WoS)
- Articles should be translated correctly (articles with grammar mistakes and incorrect translation will be rejected);
- The article should be designed strictly in accordance with the proposed EPSBS template;
- The text of the publication should be designed STRICTLY in accordance with the following structure:
- Introduction, Problem Statement, Research Questions, Purpose of the Study, Research Methods, Findings, Conclusion, Acknowledgments (if any) and References
Copyright Form and Conflict of Interest Disclaimer, (please send scan with the article)
Requirements for the article design:
- Title of the article should contain at most 12 words
- Abstract of 150 - 250 words
- The article text (excluding the title, keywords, abstract, references) is strictly not more than 5000 words. The total volume of the article should be 7-10 pages.
- References should contain a complete list of references used in the text.
Citation and references
Meets the requirements of APA
- After the statement cited in the text, its author and year of publication should be indicated in brackets:
: ... the results of the experiment confirmed the correctness of the hypothesis (Jackson, 2000).
Or: Jackson (2000) was convinced that the results of the experiment confirmed the correctness of the hypothesis. In the case when there are from two to seven authors, all of them should be named:
... a similar result was shown by subsequent experiments (Forester and Carter, 2004). ... the study for the first time revealed such a feature (Stone, King, Miller and Wilson, 1990). If there are more than six authors, the APA style provides such an option for a quote:
Brown et al. (2011) concluded that ... When the author of the work is not listed, only its title and year can be mentioned.
- Direct quotes MUST be indicated by quotation marks and accompanied by a reference to the source including the quoted page or paragraph for Internet sources. (Rutherford, 2006, p. 56)
- The quotation should not exceed 40 words.
- When citing multiple authors, sources should be separated by a semicolon as follows:
(Almazova, Eremin, & Rubtsova, 2016; Rubtsova, Almazova, & Eremin, 2018)
References are written in alphabetical order
References should include at least 15 sources:
- The sources should include at least 7 foreign sources and at least 7 Russian. Most sources should be indexed in one of the leading citation indices: Web of Science, Scopus. You can also use the materials of the Russian Science Citation Index.
- Following sources are considered to be non-representative: Internet resources that do not contain scientific information, textbooks, teaching and methodical materials;
- Sources should be relevant and contain at least two-thirds of articles newer than 5 years;
- Sources should include not more than 10% of those by the same author or co-author.
As sources you can use:
- Books (city: publisher are required)
Bauman, Z. (2001) The Individualized Society. Cambridge: Polity
Hare, R. D., & Schalling, D. (Eds.). (1978). Psychopathic behaviour: Approaches to research. Chichester, NY: Wiley.
- Articles from periodicals
Almazova, N.I., Eremin, Yu.V., & Rubtsova, A.V. (2016). Productive linguodidactic technology as an innovative ap-proach to the problem of foreign language training efficiency in high school. Russian linguistic Bulletin, 3 (7), 50-54. doi: 10.18454/RULB.7.38
Rubtsova, A.V. , Almazova, N. I., & Eremin, Yu.V. (2018). Innovative Productive Method Of Teaching Foreign Lan-guages To International Students. 18th PCSF 2018 Professional Culture of the Specialist of the Future. The Eu-ropean Proceedings of Social & Behavioural Sciences, Vol. LI, 438-446. doi:https://dx.doi.org/10.15405/epsbs.2018.12.02.47
- Articles from the conference proceeding that have an editor (editor, city, publisher are required)
Klochkova, E., Volgina, A., Dementyev, S., & Klochkov, Y. (2016). Human Factor in Quality Function Deployment. In I.Frenkel & A. Lisnianski (Eds.) Second International Symposium on Stochastic Models in Reliability Engineer-ing, Life Science and Operations Management (SMRLO) (pp. 466-468). Beer-Sheva, Israel: IEEE. DOI: 10.1109/SMRLO.2016.81
- Online resources may be used when specifically needed.
Wells, P. (2009, July 28). Our universities can be smarter. Maclean’s. Retrieved from http://www2.macleans.ca/
- Russian-language sources should be formatted as following: transliteration + English translation with the indicator [in Rus.]:
Kruglikov, V. N., & Kasyanik, P. M. (2015). Rol aktivnogo obucheniya v kontseptsii globalnogo inzhenernogo obrazovaniya [The role of active learning in the concept of global engineering education (standards CDIO)]. St.Petersburg State Polythechnical University. Journal of Humanities and Social Sciences, 3, 159-168. [in Rus.]. doi: 10.5862/JHSS.227.20
When formatting, attention should be paid to italics and the & icon between the authors.
Editors reserve the right to make changes in accordance with the above requirements.
Corporate address: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Conference program: in development
The Conference will take place at the Research Building and the Main Building of Peter the Great St. Petersburg Polytechnic University (St. Petersburg, Russia). For the Conference participants, it is recommended to book hotels in the city center near the Red subway line (the distance from the city center to the venue is about 20 minutes by subway).
The first Conference took place in 2006.
The first Conference took place in 2006.
The articles of the Xth international conference «Communicative strategies of the information society»: www.atlantis-press.com/proceedings/csis-18/publishing www.atlantis-press.com/proceedings/csis-18/articles elibrary.ru
The Conference organizing committee contacts:
Тел/факс: 8 (812) 534 75 21 — Higher School of Social Sciences SPbPU Peter the Great